At Chasing Lights, we are dedicated to providing visitors in Tromsø with memorable and enjoyable holidays. As travelers ourselves, we enjoy making friends in new places and appreciate the value of local recommendations. Our 3-storey headquarters at Storgata 64 is therefore not only a tour office and a retail shop, but also a meeting place for our tour guides and tourists visiting Tromsø. Here, we want visitors to feel comfortable approaching us with any questions they may have during their stay.
As a Visitor Service Assistant at Storgata 64, you will provide our visitors with useful information about tours and activities in Tromsø, as well as personalised recommendations for their stay in Tromsø. From sharing knowledge about local activities and places of interest, to planning and booking itineraries, to the sale of memorabilia and essential arctic gear, you will be the face of Chasing Lights and a trusted aide to our guests and visitors from around the world.
- Act as the welcoming initial point of contact and concierge for all guests and visitors.
- Prioritise excellent customer service and the visitor experience over all other tasks.
- Provide accurate and relevant information in a friendly and engaging manner.
- Perform opening and closing functions for the front desk and the store through established procedures.
- Conduct tour and retail sales through the use of POS systems. Handle cash and credit card transactions.
- Maintain highest standards of visual appearance and operability of the front desk and store.
- Assist in store with merchandise display, restock and inventory counts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.